This photo was taken over 20 years ago by Todd Robertson during a KKK rally in northeast Georgia. One of the boys approached a black state trooper, who was holding his riot shield on the ground. Seeing his reflection, the boy reached for the shield, and Robertson snapped the photo.
I think the officer’s expression says it all. This child standing before him is being taught how to hate even though he doesn’t understand it. He probably doesn’t understand the difference between this and Halloween.
If any post on my blog gets really big, I hope it’s this one.
this is really fucking sad
i think of everything we learn without even noticing
Take 5 minutes out of your morning/night to educate yourself on this young man LL. The brother was LYNCHED. “Crackertown”, North Carolina. Been gone since the morning of Aug. 29th. Day of his first football game of his senior year. All that hard work in the summer for nothin’. #JusticeForLennonLacy
This needs more light..
racism needs to hurry up and DIE
So he was found hanging, the morning of his first big game that he had been preparing for all year, wearing somebody else’s shoes, with his brand new shoes missing. he had a white girlfriend, openly racist neighbours, confederate flags everywhere, marks on his face indicating he was in a fight just minutes before..
This was not a suicide, no way in hell. This was a modern day lynching.
I hope they get answers soon. Poor boy.
This is a fucking shame.
Rules: Delete my answers and fill them in with your own. Afterwards, tag 10 people to keep this going!
I was tagged by indigobush
- Name? Rob
- Height? 6’0”
- How long have you had your tumblr? I think about 3 years now?
- First URL? robert940….wow much change…so unique
- Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed to keep cold air out.
- What’s your favorite candle scent? hmmmm probably any berry related one.
- How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? I dont know…i actually don’t think of that being a big thing.
- Can you do a split? I mean if I want to go up in pitch I can…
- All time favorite movie? Breakfast club!!!! It’s such a good movie…if you don’t like it you can go watch it until you like it!!!
- All time favorite book? hmmmmm…I actually don’t know….it’s such a hard choice!!!
- Ever had Indian food? Nope
- Can you whistle? Somewhat? like some of the time I can whistle but I can’t hold it for long
- Do you eat breakfast every morning? Yup
- Titanic or the notebook? Titanic….screw Nicholas Sparks.
- Have you ever fallen down in public? what??? who told you that…of course not…hahahah…it’s a lie….
- Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? Never have and never will cheat.
- Would you rather see Miley or Taylor in concert? I mean i’m not really a fan of either, but if I had to choose I guess Taylor because I know friends who like her so I could see her with friends.
- Do you want to get married in the future? Yeah, I do. I don’t care when but I would like to get married at some point.
- What were you doing at 8 this morning? In school looking over sub plans.
- Hot tea or cold tea? Not really a tea person, but I’ll just say hot because isn’t that how it’s supposed to be???
- Have you read Harry Potter, Twilight, or Hunger Games series? I read all of the Hunger Games and Harry Potter series. Twilight is the only one I haven’t read and don’t plan on changing that soon.
- What was your first concert? I mean idk if it counts but my school had Kid Cudi….other than that I haven’t been to any concerts.
- Art or science museum? I mean I dont have a preference but probably science.
- What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? I think Disney?
- Wheres Waldo? hiding out in hong kong last i heard!
The Doctor Who Fandom
so for my art project we had to fake a death/murder. for mine I did someone who had jumped off a building. when I was laying down while the picture was being taken, 7 people came running up to me asking if I was okay and if I needed an ambulance etc. I’ve been suicidal for a very long time, and the thoughts of jumping off buildings and ending my life have gone through my mind a thousand times. But the fact that people actually stopped and came running over to see if I was alright made me see that people do care, strangers care. so many people looked and walked past, but these 7 people some how took these suicidal feelings away… weird huh? But the moral of this story is that people do care about you, even people who don’t know who you are.
if you don’t reblog this, fuck you
oh my god this is amazing
fyi the post that’s going around captioned “emma watson’s response to the nude photo leak threats” (or any variation thereof) of her showing her breasts isn’t real
it’s a photoshop of this picture she did for mariano vivanco and by reblogging that post you’re violating her just as much as the rest of the creeps threatening to release nude pictures of her
What year is this
There’s a reason I hated that sappy, watery, pathetic book. Now I know what it is.
what a great guy ._.
you fuckin shitty ass writer, you shitty ass human being with your trash ass books and movies. how fuckin dare you?
my dude, you wrote the same fucking book 12 times. your curriculum, like everything else about you, aint shit
GUYS PLEASE HELP
This is my friends brother, Connor. He went missing from Albany on Wednesday. I thought sharing this to tumblr might help bring him home. Please reblog this, and If you live in New York please keep Connors face in mind
Again please signal boost this and help bring Connor home
This is the link to the page that I screen shotted
This man fucking gets it.
This is so incredibly important.
Jacque Fresco is an amazing person. He’s pretty much a fucking bas ass.
Also, it’s worth noting that he’s now 98 years old, and still working towards his project called The Venus Project. You should all look into this guy. He has some ideas and knowledge that will change your entire perspective on life as you know it.